Turkish Passport & Citizenship
You can acquire Turkish citizenship by decree of the president of the Republic of Turkey.
The scope and amounts determined by the new regulations published in the Official Gazette on 18 September 2018 are stated below and foreigners who meet any of the following conditions can acquire Turkish citizenship by the decision of the president of the Republic of Turkey.
- It is determined by the Ministry of Industry and technology that it has made a fixed capital investment of at least US $ 500,000 or equivalent in foreign currency or equivalent in Turkish Lira
- The immovable property of at least 250.000 US dollars or equivalent foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira amount is determined by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization purchased on condition that it is not sold for three years in the land registry records.
- It is determined by the Ministry of family, labour and social services that it employs at least 50 people
- Deposits in the amount of at least US $ 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira are determined by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency to be deposited in banks operating in Turkey on the condition that they hold for three years.
- Determined by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance, which it purchased for at least 500,000 US dollars or equivalent foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira for three years
- Determined by the Capital Markets Board, where it purchases at least 500,000 US dollars or equivalent foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira real estate investment fund participation share or venture capital investment fund participation share for at least three years.